Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Compromising with Rain

Sadly, yesterday rained.  The good news is now I get to post up all the cute things to wear in the rain! The rain wants to make people look ugly by forcing them to wear big jackets, soaked jeans, running make up, and oh yes the damp, stinky hair. After working in retail (particularly shoes), I can't stop thinking about shoes.  So to vent, I must elaborate on how necessary rain boots are.  Wearing a rain boot instead of your everyday boots protect those boots from being ruined in the rain.  The suede, leather, or whatever is bound to get ruined. 



I've been meaning to hit up Target to get these awesome rain boots.  They're only $24.99! Oh that makes me happy :) I love that the inside is pink and on the outside there are horses.    


There's also a plain black one for the same price.  I really want a red one, but I'm still on a mission to find the perfect one!



I'm not very into brands, but this Burberry Heart Check Print Rain Boot is adorable!  I like rain boots with designs that make the boot very young and fun looking.   



So I guess a lot of celebrities that wear rain boots wear the Hunter brand.  At first I was bothered by the tag in front of the boot, but now it has grown on me.  The celebrity wearing it here is Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen.  I don't know and I don't care, but I like her boots. I'm not sure if I personally could pull it off, but it's unique because it's not the normal plain rubber.


 

Here is Nicole Richie in her green Hunter rain boots.  I'm not her biggest fan, but she is pulling off these rain boots pretty well.  I like her comfy outfit then BAMM RAIN BOOTS.


I need to listen to my own advice so I'm going to invest in rain boots!


******************BREAKING NEWS******************

I followed my own advice and just bought the Hunter rain boots. I'm loving it!!!!!


Out of all the colors I was stuck between the green and red one.  I realized the red was much cuter and easy to wear than the green.  Plus, some random ladies went crazy over the red ones. Currently, I am wearing them with blue skinny jeans, a black long sleeve, and a gray sweater.  I'll be wearing these boots everyday.


P.S. My best friend Kim said Hunter boots are huge in New York :)


xoxo Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment